Support (Stock) Associate III- Royal Hawaiian (Part time 19 hrs or less)
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always been colorful, bold, and optimistic. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand that designs extraordinary things for the everyday, delivering seasonal collections of handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, home decor, and more. Known for its rich heritage and unique brand DNA, Kate Spade New York offers a distinctive point of view and celebrates communities of women around the globe who live their perfectly imperfect lifestyles.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
Job Title: Support Associate
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in retail to...
* Manage and process inbound deliveries in a timely manner; monitor to prioritize the daily workload.
* Ensure proper organization and accessibility of merchandise.
* Be knowledgeable of stock including quantity, how many units are on hand, and what is and is not selling.
* Support floor moves and ensure selling floor is stocked throughout the day.
* Conduct price changes and markdowns as necessary.
* Maintain overall cleanliness and organization standards on the selling floor, in the stockroom, and offsite/warehouse.
* Audit compliance and achieve shrinkage goals.
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Willingness to work in and promote a team oriented environment
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task, results driven and flexible to change
An outstanding professional will have...
* Minimum 1-2 year experience in a retail industry of relevant experience as a stock associate
* High school degree preferred
* Must be available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings, weekends, holidays
* Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 60 pounds
* Ability to load boxes in and out of delivery truck (offsite/warehouse only)
* Must be able to work effectively under pressure in a high energy and high traffic environment
* Standing for extended periods of time
* On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel, and crouch
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at .